Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

The Importance of the Meme

We've seen them everywhere.
Memes.
They frequent social network sites like flies frequent smelly corpses. Okay, maybe that's a bit of a dramatic simile, but you get the picture.
I absolutely love memes. Sometimes you have to shift through the crappy, unfunny ones, but eventually it's possible to find the perfect meme for any situation. Seriously, any situation.
Given how easy it is to make a meme, virtually anyone can make one these days. And they're even easier to find than to make. So what do memes really say about us, the digital generations?
I found a great article by Sam Leith on Financial Times about this very topic. Click here to discover the possible implications of our wide usage of memes!
Cause, obviously, they're important. And only growing more popular. I mean, even my lovely neolithic mother knows what a meme is, these days.
 high definition meme
Oh, the joys of being the in-group and understanding cultural references! I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse. At least it makes me laugh.

Or cringe...

No comments:

Post a Comment